We make concerted efforts to reduce our environmental footprint through our energy and water use, waste generation, and transportation choices.
Company initiatives include:
- Our Denver office building is solar powered and certified LEED Silver.
- Our bathroom and kitchen appliances are low-flow where possible.
- Our office kitchens have disposal stations with labeled bins for compost, plastic bags, single-stream recycling, and landfill.
- Our warehouses have additional bins for scrap metal, shrink-wrap, and other recyclables.
- We have a hard-to-recycle materials station in our Boulder warehouse for items such as batteries, CFL
lightbulbs, bike tires, clothing, plastic bubble wrap, those little plastic strips that go around large bulky packages, electronics, and hard Styrofoam, thanks to our partners at Eco-Cycle.
- Employees can bring items from home to put into these containers as
well,so that we’re reducing not only the company footprint,but by extension, all of our individual footprints too.
- We encourage carpooling and biking, and provide a free RTD EcoPass to all employees. Our Denver office’s proximity to several bike paths and public transit lines was a major part of our decision to move there.
- Our company fleet includes plug-in electric and hybrid vehicles.
- We have a voluntary Sustainability Committee that monitors tracking systems, implements process improvements, and brainstorms new ideas and initiatives.