- Founded in 2005
- Colorado Public Benefit Corporation
- Certified B Corporation
- Services: solar design, installation, and service
- Serving: homeowners, commercial property owners, and utility-scale developers
- 7,400+ solar systems installed (equivalent to over 100 megawatts)
Founded in 2005, Namasté Solar is an employee-owned Colorado Public Benefit Corporation and Certified B Corporation that designs, installs, and maintains solar electric systems for homeowners, commercial property owners, and utility-scale developers. Namasté Solar also provides highly specialized solar engineering, design, consulting services, as well as maintenance and operations for solar projects across the United States. The company is on a mission to accelerate the adoption of clean renewable energy, with belief in the power of collective action to create positive change. As a B Corp, Namasté Solar is part of a global movement using business as a force for good to solve social and environmental challenges. The company has installed more than 7,400 clean energy systems, which produce over 100 megawatts, the equivalent to removing 147 million lbs of CO2 pollution from the air each year, or 165 million miles not driven.
Namasté Solar consistently ranks among the best solar companies in Colorado and the country, and was named Best for the World: Environment (2018) and one of Solar Power World’s Top Solar Contractors (2017).
Recent news coverage
- Diversity Best Practices Guide for the Solar Industry (page 17)
“As the company as grown to nearly 200 people, we’ve seen the need to go beyond intention of equality to attention to equity.”
- The Alliance Center to Celebrate Business as a Force for Good at Best for Colorado Award Celebration
“‘Namasté Solar is Best for Colorado because we are here to support the shift to clean renewable energy while also demonstrating that there is another way to do business – one where you can have success while also serving a purpose beyond profit,'” Jason Shape, CEO of Namasté Solar, said.”
- Prepare for the ramp down and expiration of the ITC
“Namasté Solar has stayed profitable by diversifying its solar offerings, and not limiting itself to a single market. The company has seen state and local solar subsidies come and go, and is prepared if the ITC ramps down and expires.”
- Best of Boulder 2019
“With a cooperative ownership model, the employees are heavily invested both literally and figuratively in the business’s success as an industry disrupter providing clean, renewable energy options for those along the Front Range.”
- IBM’s solar array now underway
“The result will be a total of nearly 10 MW of direct current electricity for IBM’s facility. That translates into a field of 25,000 solar panels.”
- IECRM Contractor Spotlight: Jason Sharpe, Namasté Solar
“‘Unfortunately, today our economy is working for fewer and fewer people, and we need to use the power of business for transformation,” [Jason] says. ‘Never lose sight of striving to be a force for good. By harnessing the power of inclusive business and shared ownership at Namasté Solar we are working to be part of this solution.'”
- Colorado co-ops seeing a revival in state with strong ties to “radical tradition”
“Now, co-ops are spreading to sectors of the future. Namasté Solar, a Denver-based solar company, became an employee-owned company to increase its holistic approach to business, according to the company’s website.”
- Tax Credits & Solar Shingles: Is It Finally Time to Swap to Solar Power?
“‘The expiring tax credit is a motivating factor for many homeowners,’ says Matt Johnson, co-owner of Namasté Solar, a Denver-based solar installer.”
- Leadership Awards recipients announced (USGBC Colorado)
“The goal was to create a sustainable LEED space powered by a large solar array on the roof. Namaste understood the value of a rigorous, reputable, third-party sustainability certification, and achieved LEED Silver under LEED v4.”
- Jason Sharpe, CEO
- David Henry, General Manager
- Blake Jones, Co-Founder
- Jon Wedel, Senior Director of Commercial Services
- Joe Montoya, Senior Director of Residential Services
- Angela Burke, Senior Director of Technical Services
- Eliot Abel, Director of Commercial Sales
- Lizette Peña, Director of Accounting
- Geri Mitchell-Brown, Director of Employee Experience
Note that Namasté Solar is an employee-owned cooperative with over 90 co-owners. Click here to see a full list of all co-owners and candidates for co-ownership.
Board of Directors
Namasté Solar’s Board of Directors is comprised of 4 internal seats, 2 external seats, and 1 swing seat (currently external).
- Sam Mason, Board Chair
- Angela Burke, Secretary
- Molly Williams, Treasurer
- Tim Milliano, Vice Secretary
- Gwenael Hagen (External)
- Daniel Fireside (External)
- John Abrams (External)
This form will send an email to our media contact.