- Founded in 2005
- Employee-owned cooperative
- Colorado Public Benefit Cooperative
- Certified B Corporation
- Services: solar design, installation, and service
- Serving: homeowners, commercial property owners, and utility-scale developers
- 8,100+ solar systems installed (equivalent to over 103 megawatts)
Founded in 2005, Namasté Solar is an employee-owned Colorado Public Benefit Cooperative and Certified B Corporation that develops, designs, installs, and maintains solar electric systems for homeowners, commercial property owners, and utility-scale developers. Namasté Solar also provides highly specialized solar engineering, design, consulting services, as well as maintenance and operations for solar projects across the United States. The company is on a mission to accelerate the adoption of clean renewable energy and to prove there’s a better way to do business. As a B Corp, Namasté Solar is part of a global movement using business as a force for good to solve social and environmental challenges. The company has installed more than 8,100 clean energy systems that produce over 103 megawatts combined.
Namasté Solar consistently ranks among the best solar companies in Colorado and the country, and was named Best for the World: Best for Workers (2012–2019) and Best for Environment (2016-2019) by B Corp; Top Solar Contractors by Solar Power World (2015-2020); Best for Colorado by The Alliance Center Number (2019-2020) and The Largest Denver-Area Solar Company by Kilowatts Installed by Denver Business Journal.
Recent news coverage
- Green Leases & Sustainable Capital Investment in Buildings: The Split Incentive Dilemma – “With green leases, the tenant still gets to benefit ,and the owner has a way to earn a return on investment for installing a long-term asset on their property that’s going to deliver positive cash flow for 25-plus years.”
- Diversity Best Practices Guide for the Solar Industry (page 17)
“As the company as grown to nearly 200 people, we’ve seen the need to go beyond intention of equality to attention to equity.”
- The Alliance Center to Celebrate Business as a Force for Good at Best for Colorado Award Celebration
“‘Namasté Solar is Best for Colorado because we are here to support the shift to clean renewable energy while also demonstrating that there is another way to do business – one where you can have success while also serving a purpose beyond profit,'” Jason Shape, CEO of Namasté Solar, said.”
- Best of Boulder 2020
“With a cooperative ownership model, the employees are heavily invested both literally and figuratively in the business’s success as an industry disrupter providing clean, renewable energy options for those along the Front Range.”
- IECRM Contractor Spotlight: Jason Sharpe, Namasté Solar
“‘Unfortunately, today our economy is working for fewer and fewer people, and we need to use the power of business for transformation,” [Jason] says. ‘Never lose sight of striving to be a force for good. By harnessing the power of inclusive business and shared ownership at Namasté Solar we are working to be part of this solution.'”
- Colorado co-ops seeing a revival in state with strong ties to “radical tradition”
“Now, co-ops are spreading to sectors of the future. Namasté Solar, a Denver-based solar company, became an employee-owned company to increase its holistic approach to business, according to the company’s website.”
- Tax Credits & Solar Shingles: Is It Finally Time to Swap to Solar Power?
“‘The expiring tax credit is a motivating factor for many homeowners,’ says Matt Johnson, co-owner of Namasté Solar, a Denver-based solar installer.”
- Leadership Awards recipients announced (USGBC Colorado)
“The goal was to create a sustainable LEED space powered by a large solar array on the roof. Namaste understood the value of a rigorous, reputable, third-party sustainability certification, and achieved LEED Silver under LEED v4.”
- Jason Sharpe, CEO
- David Henry, General Manager
- Jon Wedel, Senior Director of Commercial Services
- Joe Montoya, Senior Director of Residential Services
- Angela Burke, Senior Director of Technical Services
- Geri Mitchell-Brown, Senior Director of Social Impact
Note that Namasté Solar is an employee-owned cooperative with over 90 co-owners. Click here to see a full list of all co-owners and candidates for co-ownership.
Board of Directors
Namasté Solar’s Board of Directors is comprised of 4 internal seats, 2 external seats, and 1 swing seat.
- Angela Burke
- Molly Williams
- Eliot Abel
- Alex Eckel
- Julie Fellows (External)
- Daniel Fireside (External)
- John Abrams (External)
This form will send an email to our media contact.